Monday, December 27, 2010

37 weeks

I'm a little behind in updating, but there's really no news to share. I apologize if this post is scattered. On my 36 week appt, I was dilated 1 cm and 70% effaced... there was no change in that on my 37 week appt. Mostly, I am just really tired from not sleeping well these days - either due to discomfort or my mind racing. I feel very anxious and nervous and worried and excited. The swelling from my knees down is unlike I could've ever imagined. But for that matter, almost everything about pregnancy has been unlike I could've ever imagined, haha. I remember finding out I was pregnant... how surreal those moments were... and how 40 weeks seemed lightyears away. And here we are, waiting for this tiny life to finally be in our arms - any day now. It's hard to wrap my head around it sometimes. It's funny how unfocused I am at times lately... I found my phone in the work refrigerator, topped off my glass of milk with tea, and on several occassions have driven past my destination without realizing,. I turned 30 a couple weeks ago, but I guess it didn't really phase me.

Christmas Eve we went to movies to see Little Fockers and then had friends over for cocktails that night. We woke up Christmas morning to 3 inches of snow!!! It was beautiful! We enjoyed spending the day with my mom and family. I couldn't believe that the snow lasted and even accumulated overnight, so Tim had a snowy birthday which was really special! We had a really nice day and evening, ending with Christmas with my dad and family. And the ground is still covered in snow this morning! It's been so wonderful to see the ground and houses covered in this white powder snow for 3 whole days... what a treat!

These pics are @ 35 weeks. Yes, I feel as uncomfortable as I look!



No comments:

Post a Comment